1. Oral Health | Healthy People 2020
Midcourse Review Data Are In! Check out our interactive infographic to see progress toward the Oral Health objectives and other Healthy People topic areas.
2. Disparities in Oral Health | Division of Oral Health | CDC
Oral health disparities are profound in the United States. Despite major improvements in oral health for the population as a whole, oral health disparities exist for …
3. Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion (2016). “Understanding Social Determinants of Health.” Available here.
5. D.L. Patrick, R.S. Yin Less, M. Nucci, D. Grembowski, C.Z. Jolles, and P. Milgrom. “Reducing Oral Health Disparities: A Focus on Social and Cultural Determinants.” BMC Oral Health, 2006, 6(Suppl I):S4.
6. L.K. Brennan Ramirez, E.A. Baker, and M. Metzler. Promoting Health Equity: A Resource to Help Communities Address Social Determinants of Health. Atlanta: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2008. Available here.
7. S.A. Schroeder. “We Can Do Better — Improving the Health of the American People.” New England Journal of Medicine, 2007, 357:1221-8.
8. L. Taylor, A. Hyatt, and M. Sandel. “Defining the Health Care System’s Role in Addressing Social Determinants and Population Health.” Health Affairs Blog, Nov. 17, 2016. Available here.
9. Institute of Medicine and National Research Council. Improving Access to Oral Health Care for Vulnerable and Underserved Populations. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press, 2011.
10. O. Solar and A. Irwin. “A Conceptual Framework for Action on the Social Determinants of Health.” Social Determinants of Health Discussion Paper 2, 2010. Available here.
11. Statements about the work of the United Way and CJOHC are based on materials developed by the organization in CHCS’ learning collaborative, as well as a series of telephone interviews and e-mail exchanges with William Dennison, director of major markets, United Way of Central Jersey, during 2016.
13. KU Work Group for Community Health and Development (2015). “Developing a Plan for Assessing Local Needs and Resources.” Available here.
14. The Community Commons only CNA tool is available here.
15. The Faces of Medicaid Adult Oral Health (working title). Center for Health Strategies analysis slated for publication, Spring 2017.
16. United Way 211.
17. J. Kania and M. Kramer. “Collective Impact.” Stanford Social Innovation Review, Winter 2011. Available here.
18. C. Catalani, and M. Minkler. “Photovoice: A Review of the Literature in Health and Public Health.” Health Education & Behavior, 2010. Available here.
19. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office of Minority Health. HHS Promotores de Salud Initiative, 2016. Available here.
20. E.L. Rosenthal, C.H. Rush, and C.G. Allen. Understanding Scope and Competencies: A Contemporary Look at the United States Community Health Worker Field. Report of the Community Health Worker Core Consensus Project, Building National Consensus on CHW Core Roles, Skills, and Qualities. University of Texas-Houston School of Public Health, Institute for Health Policy, April 2016.